Big Data: An agent of change in business digital transformation
As an ever-growing presence, big data has become a technological innovation that enables great capability for modern enterprises. By adopting its different features in the development of business 4.0 models, you can expect a profound change in decision making for your company. These reasons make worthy to review this concept along with other important facts.
What is Big Data?
In simple words, this concept refers to a technological innovation created to meet today’s demands regarding specific input analysis, sorting, mining and saving. These necessary tasks to manage large amounts of information, are the result of more connected industries, further adoption of smart devices, and an increasing emergence of gathering resources.
When talking about concrete data, there are 3 well known traits, described as follows:
- Speed. Among the diversity of files, documents, numbers, etc., the velocity of communication can be measured in petabytes, zettabytes, yottabytes, brontobytes, and more.
- Quantity. This means the volume of macro data generated by different sources in the enterprise context.
- Variety. The information can be structured, semi structured and unstructured.
The use of disruptive technologies needs to be accompanied by other measures to ensure a viable digital transformation. Once your company has set in place advanced means for data collection, it can move on to more complex procedures, such as tools for crunching numbers, metrics, and statistics efficiently and accurately within a few seconds.
Technological innovations for business evolution
The undertaking of a profound digital transformation based on Big Data can be justified by the exponential growth of information. In turn, you can adopt this tool to find facts or tendencies in users’ data history and take advantage of internet resources to organize this useful input.
Likewise, the company can refine all the feedback generated by social media and capitalize on a smart device setup for data gathering. Moreover, the installation of machine sensors can be paired with IoT systems to generate massive data and you can use ClickStream to pinpoint consumers’ surfing behavior.
Common Big Data OS used by companies
The development of newer platforms has come a long way since the first software associated with these processes was created. In order to implement solutions in real time with secure and well categorized inputs, there are some popular systems for such purpose:
- Apache Storm. Designed for knowing tendencies about products or services and to examine social media.
- Elasticsearch. Includes great graphic functionality and can process any type of data in real time.
- Hadoop. A pioneering platform with recognized capabilities which makes it a top choice.
- MongoDB. Setup with optimized scalability features and programmed for collecting app details.
- Python. Easy to handle and with friendly interface. However, it’s a little slower than other options.
We can define the features of these special OS as reliable, flexible and pretty fast. These attributes allows cluster scalability, the breakdown of assorted formats and default functionality during hardware or software malfunction.
Incorporating big data as an integral part of your business model can assure you sustainability, continuous growth, better profit margins and a customer-focused approach.